Hows your fitness level? When I first started yoga and pilates...I hit a massive wall (no pun intended) and couldn’t see myself advancing because I lacked flexibility and core strength, yet by being patient, stretching and working on my core every day, practicing mindfulness in breathe work and movement my strength deepened. It’s not for the aesthetic, I don’t want to be a fitness accessory. I want to live a strong, long and healthy life. I want to be dancing when I’m ninety. I want to be carrying all my groceries in from the car in one load. I want health. To be at my physical prime for my entire existence so I can be the best version of myself for ME and for everyone in my life who matters most.
On that note...if you want to build a physical foundation for a sensational and healthy life...I will be taking over an express 45 minute Hot Pilates class every Saturday morning (7am) at @hotelevationstudios come March 2nd
Come sweat, come grow and have fun 🌸🌙✨🌸🌙✨🌸🌙✨🌸🌙✨
• As many of you know from my blog a few years ago I cut out refined sugar for a year to try and get over my addiction to the sweet stuff. Despite the very positive response, since then I've not shared a huge amount about food as it's such a sensitive subject and can effect people in different ways- however, many people said how much that blog helped them so I'm going to share my next chapter....(see @berealnutrition or @BeClimbing on Facebook for full blog)
• This year was my third year of eating this way after about 15 years struggling to find my happy balance with food.
• For the first time since I was a kid it was like my body had adapted to burning fat so well that even after a whole month of eating considerably more 'crap' than normal my body (from what I could see and feel) didn't really change- it just burnt it off and got over it! Previously I only had to look at cake and I'd put on weight - it feels like my metabolic rate has been reset back to when I was a kid but my appestat is more accurate so I don't over eat like I used to. I wouldn't want to test this out for longer than the month of December as I don't think it's healthy or sustainable to eat a high sugar diet so I chose to do 90/10 for the rest of the year.
• For me this is the way- but *everyone is different* and has different requirements for many different reasons but for me I'm never turning back! I lost my metabolism when I was 17 and I’ve eventually worked out how to get it back! I feel more consistently happy with high energy levels and no sugar crashes, hunger or cravings.
• Please note:
I have kept this very broad and this is based on my personal experience and study so if you have any questions regarding anything I have discussed please email me or PM- always happy to help... or be told I'm wrong 😊 #nutrition#bethebestyoucanbe#foodfortraining#fuelforsport#healthandfitness#buildstrength#feelgood
Third sand workout. From the series: one equipment workout: sand. This one was tailored for legs. Strength, stability and a bit of power. Perform all exercises 12-15 repetitions. For 3 rounds. Hope you like it! 🙌
1. Curtsy lunges
2. Side to front lunges
4. Kick mountain climbers
5. Tuck burpees
you bet! Im #Repost@shine8out with @get_repost
Just so I don’t forget this is coming up soon. @salliyoga and @ams.life.art … looking forward to play!
#Repost@beachyogagirl with @get_repost
💫Announcing💫the #HandstandFitness Challenge!
When: February 20-28th
Host: @beachyogagirl ⠀
FREE Giveaways for participating:
@liforme alignment mat
@playbook_app Annual Subscription to Playbook App ($99 value)!!
I am so excited to share with you my NEW program on Playbook App called Handstand Fitness! I have created 3 weeks of programing to help you get strong for beginning a handstand practice! This Instagram challenge is 8 days of exercises that are in my new program to show you there is a lot more to handstands than just getting upside-down.
If you’d like to do the full (15 min daily) workouts, DOWNLOAD my Playbook App! (Link in my profile!)
To PARTICIPATE in this challenge here on Instagram:
1. 🆁🅴🅿🅾🆂🆃 this graphic in your feed or in your stories using the hashtag #handstandfitness & @beachyogagirl
2. 🅿🅾🆂🆃 daily! (I will be giving a full explanation and beginner options on my IGTV every evening so make sure to check there!)
3. 🅴🅽🅶🅰🅶🅴! Become part of the community! Follow #handstandfitness, like and comment on each other’s posts. Give love to get love!
4. 🆂🅷🅰🆁🅴! Post on your feed or in your stories and make sure to tag me so I can see & repost your AWESOMENESS!
5. 🆃🅰🅶 your friends! Tag them in this post and encourage them to do this challenge with you!
6. 🅵🅾🅻🅻🅾🆆 our generous sponsors (and me🙏🏻) to be eligible to win a free giveaway! ⠀
Please include the following info when posting:
FACE PULLS 💪🏻 Read The Caption 🙏🏻
Face pulls is an amazing exercise to build the Rear Delt, which is great but this exercise is a lot more than just a rear delt exercise and thats what I am going to discuss in this post.
✅ It trains all your external rotators - Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Teres major and minor, including the traps and Read Delts. These muscles need to be strong and well developed for healthy shoulders, as they are responsible for keeping the ball of the shoulder joint into the socket (keeping the shoulders in place in layman’s language)
✅ Why and When to do Face Pulls
Usually people perform this exercise only on shoulders day, which is again fine but to efficiently use this exercise you need to do the following - whenever you have a push day or a chest day wherein you perform a lot of sets just pushing the weight, hence internally rotating the shoulders again and again, you need to balance this internal rotation with external rotation. The best way to do this is PERFORM ONE SET OF FACEPULLS AFTER EVERY 4 SETS OF PUSHING. This will keep the anterior and posterior of your shoulder balanced in terms of work done.
✅ Benefits of Face Pulls
Since, it trains your external rotators it will help keep your shoulder very stable during heavy lifting like bench press, over head press etc and you’ll be able to lift more weight. Stable shoulders equals more strength.
You will never have shoulder impingement issue if you keep doing this exercise the way I discussed above. Shoulder impingement is caused when internal rotators get stronger than external rotators as they try to pull the ball of the shoulder from the socket.
Try this exercise and let me know how you liked the knowledge I shared in this post, in the comments.
Can you find CONTENTMENT
For where you are right NOW
Even as you strive to get to the next level?
Have DREAMS and work for them
And at the same time
Give yourself credit for where you are TODAY?
Take a breath in
Exhale it out
And then take out a piece of paper
And a pen.
Write down 3 things you are proud of yourself for accomplishing as of today.
From that space of “enoughness” and abundance wrote down 3 dreams for the future.
Free flow journal what comes up.
That’s what I’ll be doing tonight. Join me?
Working on those horse shoes and tatas 🐎🐎🐎!!!! Chest and tri's are quickly becoming on of my fav split days, and these are a few of my go-to exercises to hit all three heads of the tricep (long, lateral, and medial), and to firm up the chest 😉😊! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1) Cable crossovers
2) Triceps pushdown
2) Wide grip DB press
3) Low cable crossover
4) DB triceps extension
5) Narrow grip DB press
6) Single arm triceps extension
7) Narrow grip pushups (not shown)
8) Narrow grip bench press (not shown)
Aim to complete 5-6 sets of 8 reps or so and rest as little between sets as possible! The chest exercises are great for targeting the dreaded "bra bulge," while hitting all the areas of your tri's will lead to that sought after horseshoe shape ⭐✔️✔️!!!! Happy happy LONG WEEKEND, EVERYONE 🌈🌈🌈♥️!!!!!
Another awesome Saturday morning Weekend Warrior bootcamp complete with the best crew in B-Town 💥
#BF4L...Learn. Train. Transform!
Looking for something new❓
Looking for something that works❓
Looking for a challenging environment to push your body to the limits❓
Looking for motivation & accountability❓
Looking for hands on elite coaching❓
Looking for change NOW❓
BodyFit Bootcamp is the answer. Together we get fit and get strong 💪🏻.
Our combination of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Circuit Training, and Functional Training are highly engaging, great for building strength, endurance, fat loss and deliver power real results 💥 .
✔️ALL Fitness levels welcome
✔️Modifications for every exercise
Come try out a FREE class today and see why we are Burlington’s #1 Group Fitness studio. Message me directly or at [email protected] for our bootcamp schedule and CLAIM your FREE pass.
In order to build a muscle, you have to break it down. ⠀
The muscle fibers are damaged. Your body starts to repair them. And a stronger muscle is born. Over. And over again.⠀
Strength literally comes from a place of weakness.⠀
So if you feel like you aren’t ready to start because it may be too hard, too intense, you want to make some progress on your own (but let’s be honest- you’re not following through) before joining, I encourage you to think about why you are actually putting it off.⠀
We all start from a place of damage, of weakness.⠀
Rise up and we can get stronger together. ⠀
[Importance of Compound Exercises]
There are a few basic movements that in some form or variation should be in your exercise program: squat, deadlift, bench press, row, overhead press, and overhead pull. All of these movements are compound exercises and involved multiple muscle groups.
These movements are going to help you burn the most fat and build the most muscle and strength. By targeting multiple muscle groups at the same time you make your workouts more efficient. You will be able to lift the most weight with these movements because you are using more muscles. This helps you build strength and burn fat faster.
On top of burning fat and getting stronger, these movements help you build confidence. These movements are going to be your strongest lifts. When you squat or bench your body weight or even 10-20 lbs more than when you started, you feel fucking invincible. Getting stronger helps not only your body but your mind.
These movements even help with improving mobility. By working your body through a full range a motion with weights you help improve joint strength and movement. Being able to squat down is much easier without a weight when you practice with a 135-lbs on your back. These movements make daily life activities and being able to get into certain positions much easier.
If you haven't already incorporated these movements into your exercise program now is the time. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Need help creating a workout program shoot me over a DM and I can help you out.
Romanian Deadlifts is a modified form of the Conventional Deadlifts, to target Hamstrings and Glutes. It is also called Stiff Leg Deadlifts as you need to keep only a slight bend in your knees and maintain it throughout the movement without bending the knees any further.
✅The only Joint that works in this movement is the Pelvic Joint. The knee joint remains in the same position as explained above.
✅ Treat this exercise like an isolation movement, do not go too heavy and focus all your mind on stretching the hamstrings as you go down, and contract your glutes while coming back up.
✅ Form advice👉🏻 Keep your spine straight/neutral at all times, do not bend your knees any further than just a little, keep the dumbbells close to your body not far away and perform this movement slowly and in a controlled way.
✅ Reason for keeping my toes elevated is that it enhances the stretch in the hamstrings which this exercise is all about, stretching the hamstrings.
Try this exercise in your next leg workout following the advice above and let me know how it was.
✨ Tip Tuesday ✨
Tip for today is working on using the wall for handstands the other way! 🤸♀️
1. You want to be arms distance from the wall and placing your hands about half way between the wall and your feet.
2. Push hands like you’re trying to push the ground away.
3. Turn your inner elbows forward and lengthen your arms. Slightly rounding the upper back. Spread the shoulders!!
4. Scoop your belly up!
5. ONLY the heels should be hitting the wall. NOT your calves or butt or anything else. This is important to stay controlled and keep the legs engaged.
6. Inner thighs and glutes squeeze together!
7. When the foot is used to push off wall, focus on keeping the other leg engaged and not letting it fall back to the wall. Use those muscles!💪
8. Eye gaze should be right in between the hands (in the middle of the invisible line from thumb to thumb). .
9. Try not to crank the neck! This actually makes it a lot harder to find balance and is not in your favor! RELAX 😘. BREATH. .
Ask all the questions! 👇 Happy Handstanding 🤸♀️😜! #tiptuesday#tipoftheday#handstandtips#getinverted#learntohandstand#yogatips
39 8405:51 PM Jan 22, 2019
💥WARNING: major strength builder! 💪
This one is a must for anyone looking to build a stronger core, arms, legs, and mind! The first time I learned #lolasana my legs felt like they weighed 2000kg and I thought no way...but sure enough after the 100th time or so it started to make sense. It simply takes practice.
That being said, go ahead and cheat a little while you practice to make the lesson a little more fun and a little less intimidating. Use a block under each hand to help you lift and shift your body weight and add a strap to compress your body (key tip: press your feet into the straps to activate and pull your butt back!). Have fun with it! You might face plant a few times, that’s ok! Put a pillow there and give it a snuggle each time you do 😆💕 falling is part of the process to rising.
PS: this is an essential strength builder for inversions especially press handstand!
[props by: @yogahustle ]
Questions? Ask below!
Join me in Bali this winter:
🧘🏻♀️BALI YTT 2/18-2/22🌴
#yogateachertraining with @jogayogatraining (i will be conducting my 5 day module for the last week). Details 👉 @jogayogatraining
🌴BALI Yoga Retreat 2/24-3/2🌿
Join @alexzandrapeters and myself for 6 nights @azadiretreatbali for a transformational experience (beginner friendly, all levels welcome) link in bio!
171 101853:48 AM Dec 6, 2018
Here’s 10🔥 of my favorite workouts you can save & try for chest & tris 👉🏼
🏁I posted 10 of my favorite chest workouts a few weeks ago, if you’ve been following them, switch it up now with these & see if it helps you avoid a plateau 👊🏼
FREE Strength Session 🏋️♂️🏋️♀️
I’ll introduce my ARTICLE here and if you comment below with your email address you’ll receive the full article and WORKOUT FREE 🎊
The 20 Minute Power Workout to Stimulate Your Natural Steroid Hormones!!! 🥁🎬🎪
‘Life is busy, Agreed! But not too busy to fit in an explosive 20 minute workout 3 times a week that can guarantee GAINS!
I am referring to efficiently activating your key steroid hormones to run wild within your blood stream! When this internal environment is created there is a build up of force waiting to be released. The outward expression of this is STRENGTH beyond belief, AND it is legally NATURAL!’
‘We have all most likely heard of Steroid Hormones but have not quite understood how to capitilise on this natural muscle building drug. Well, fear not as I want to share with you 4 Power Exercises targeting your largest muscle groups, which activate these steroids!’
Comment below to receive the rest of my article and the 4 Power Exercises for increasing strength 😅