Ok, real world trail report time, docs I have been receiving numerous questions about trail conditions in Canon.
I emailed Red Canyon Cycles before we headed to Oil Well Flats to ride on Thursday, and at that time they said the trails were good to go with just a couple of muddy spots, and that we should just ride through and not around the mud.
Well, while maybe 95% of the trail system was good to go, the other 5% was very bad. We ended up carrying our bikes a good bit, skipping over a couple of trails that we knew would be bad, and cutting our ride short to avoid doing unnecessary damage. So contrary to what you may have heard, and the photos you may see hitting my Instagram page, I would NOT recommend riding Oil Well Flats. Any photos you do see will be from the driest portions of the trail. Also considering the forecast, I don’t see it getting better anytime soon. If you’re heading to Canon City, the South Canon trails would be a much better choice.
@fremont_adventure_recreation#oilwellflats#canoncity 🚵♀️ @shutter2ride
Just a few more months until our attempt at climbing Mt. Baker!
1 85 minutes ago
1 36 minutes ago
Ending our week in the almond-tinted haze of civil twilight.
1 08 minutes ago
Such a beautiful spot for lunch!
Today I skipped LISS on the treadmill (after circuit training) for this. A 5.49 mile hike through Thrunton Woods in Northumberland with @plantbasedhealthandfitness and my sister in laws dog Jake.
We took the red route (the hardest) and it was definitely challenging in parts. It involved some steep climbing but when you’ve been cooped up at the gym, office and home for the majority of the week it’s SO good to be outdoors connecting with nature. No wonder the @thenaturallifestylist recommends it!
2 and a bit hours of fresh air, gorgeous scenery, sun rays through the tops of the trees and bright blue sky in amongst the clouds. It felt so good for the soul!! And neither of us had any phone reception for distractions. Absolute bliss.
Bir kozalaktan ne yapılır demiştik ve ortaya bu güzel çalışma çıktı. İyi günlerde kullan @gokhan1105 •Model : Guru •Çelik : Uddeholm Sverker D2
•Namlu : 18 cm
•Toplam Boy : 31 cm
•Kalınlık : 6 mm
•Sertlik : 59 Hrc
•Kabze : Epoksi-Kozalak
•Kılıf : El Dikişi Deri
February 2019 is officially the snowiest February ever recorded at Mammoth Mountain! With 175" at Main Lodge and 267" at the summit (over 22 FEET) this month we just smashed the previous record set in February 1986. And the month is only halfway through!
Photo by: @milesweaverphoto